At Riverpark Sports Medicine & Physical Therapy, we utilize a team approach to provide professional, personalized, high-quality treatment to members of our community.
We encourage an aggressive approach to rehabilitation, and we offer flexible appointment times with minimal or no waiting to accommodate our patients’ work and school schedules. We are advocates for our patient’s health, and we promote the development and maintenance of fitness and quality of life for all age groups. In accordance with the scope of practice developed by the American Physical Therapy Association, our staff strives to reduce our patients’ inflammation and pain, to treat and prevent injuries, to prevent impairment, to reduce or over-come functional limitations and disabilities, and to help our patients adapt to changes in health status or physical functioning that result from disease, injury, or other causes. We are located adjacent to the office of Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Specialist, Dr. J.H. Fairbanks. This allows Dr. Fairbanks to personally oversee patients’ therapy and to conduct post-op visits without the patient having to schedule a separate visit to the Orthopedic Center. Our main goal is for our patients to return as rapidly and safely as possible to their optimal level of performance in activities of daily living, work activities, and recreational activities.
- Licensed Physical Therapists
- Licensed Physical Therapist Assistants
- Other highly trained physical therapy clinicians
- Insurance/billing specialists
- Knowledgeable clerical staff
Our physical therapists can perform an initial evaluation or consultation of a screening nature to determine the need for physical therapy services without a referral from a physician, but implementation of a treatment plan requires a referral from a person licensed to practice medicine, surgery, dentistry, podiatry, or chiropractic services.
107 Front St.
Vidalia, LA 71373
PHONE (318) 336-2224
FAX (318) 336-6068
- Evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, intervention, and prevention of musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiopulmonary, and integumentary injuries, diseases, or disorders.
- Treatment of congenital diseases and disorders.
- Exercises for the development of strength, flexibility, agility, and endurance.
- Gait training, balance, and coordination activities.
- Manual therapy and pain modulation modalities such as moist heat, ice, compression, traction, ultrasound, iontophoresis, and electrical stimulation.
- Education on workplace ergonomics and safe work practices.
- Instruction in activities of daily living and home exercise programs.
- Instruction in proper body mechanics and postural alignment.
- Instruction in work environment or home modification.
- Provision and fitting of orthotics, prosthetics, supportive devices, protective devices, assistive devices, and adaptive devices.
- Education on musculoskeletal conditions, exercise, and fitness.
- Sports Related Injuries
- Work Related Injuries
- Swelling of Joints and Joint Instability
- Whiplash/Neck Pain
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Frozen Shoulders
- Total Shoulder Replacement
- Repetitive/Cumulative Trauma Disorders in Wrist, Forearm, and Elbow
- Hand Therapy
- Upper Back/Shoulder Blade Pain
- Lumbar Strain/Sciatica/ SI Dysfunction
- Chronic Back Pain
- Pre and Post Surgical Spine/ Disc Conditions
- Total Hip Replacement
- Knee Injuries/Meniscus/Cartilage Tears
- ACL/MCL/PCL Ligament Tears and Reconstructions
- Patellofemoral (knee cap) Syndrome
- Total Knee Replacement
- Ankle Sprains/Strains
- Foot problems/Heel Spurs
- Gait Abnormalities
- Muscle Spasms/Myofascial Trigger Points/ Fibromyalgia
- Biodex Balance System
- Biodex Recumbent Cycle
- SciFit Upright Cycle
- Biodex Upper Body Cycle
- Biodex Recumbent Squat Machine
- Sports Art Treadmill
- Star Trac Elliptical Edge Natural Runner
- Nautilus Home Gym
- The GameReady is an Accelerated Recovery System for compression/cold therapy
Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
The members of the staff at Riverpark Sports Medicine & Physical Therapy are here to serve YOU. Whether your game is competitive athletics or meeting life’s daily challenges, we will have you back in action in no time.